Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Success!

Okay, first of all, I'm not sure how anyone with a newborn baby manages to get all dolled up and keep up appearances. Yesterday, I managed to take a shower, get dressed in normal clothes, and... that was it. My hair was a mess, my makeup was non-existant, and I'm pretty sure my shoes didn't match. But I did go outside!

Blaine, on the other hand, is managing to look cuter every day. He is just shy of one month old today, and making some great strides toward reaching weight benchmarks and sleeping like a normal human. My biggest concern lately has been his inability to sleep anywhere but my chest at night, which is not the safest (let alone most comfortable) option. But, we have managed to get him (thanks to a tip on the internet that you warm the little spot on the bed with a heating pad before you lay him down) to sleep on his back in between us in bed for the last two nights. He will only sleep for 2-hour stretches before he wakes himself up, but at least he's not face down on my chest. Hopefully he will become more comfortable sleeping there and will sleep for longer stretches.

Next step - the bassinet! That may just take another month...

Blaine is confused: Why can't he nurse every hour on the hour?

No comments:

Post a Comment