Saturday, March 10, 2012

He's Here!

No, not that he, my dad! So, now all of our little ducks are in a row and ready to witness the greatest miracle that nature (and modern science) have ever created - my baby! Our baby!

We picked Dad up at the shuttle drop-off point in Monument (saved us from driving all the way to DIA) and promptly went for a nice hike around the Garden of the Gods. It was a beautiful day out, and we took lots of pics, walked up some stairs (come on, Jeeter, drop down!), and admired the view. The last time I was there, we were two days away from the day that would get this whole pregnancy ball rolling. That seems like a lifetime ago now...

Dad and me at Garden of the Gods today.

Wendi and me at Garden of the Gods last June. I look thinner...

After our walk through the park, we decided to head to Manitou Springs, where we cruised the main drag for a while. We ate some delicious chocolate frozen custard (what? Jeeter wanted it), checked out all the awesome vintage penny arcade rides / games, and then stopped into a few antique shops.

Now we're home and the boys are doing the grocery shopping. I'm just here with the dogs, enjoying our last moments of solitude before Tuesday. (In case you didn't hear, Tuesday is "induction" night...if baby B doesn't come out before then, he's going to be forced out. I hate to do it to him, but I am trying to trust my Doc on this one. Besides, it seems there's a 50/50 chance of having a "scary" labor no matter what kind you have.)

No comments:

Post a Comment