Friday, March 23, 2012

Worst-Case Scenario

Baby B and I have been diligently working at nursing - which is NOT as easy as you'd think it is. As it turns out, Blaine is what they call a "chomper". I'll leave that to your imagination. I have two very sore body parts. The amazingly kind Lactation Consultant at Blaine's pediatrician's office said I have "one of the worst cases that (she's) seen in a long time." Awesome. I'm always an over-achiever.

So, not only did he have a doctor's appointment today, but Blaine also has an appointment with a pediatric chiropractor to help loosen up his jaw a bit. (Traumatic births, including c-sections, can cause serious tension in a newborn's body.)

It has been a rough couple of days for Blaine and I, but we are committed to trying to keep on the breastfeeding. I know that it's so much better (not to mention cheaper!) for him. So, if I have been out of conact for a while, please know it's not because I've fallen off the face of the earth, I've just been in constant pain for the last six days and haven't been able to communicate clearly.

But here's your adorable picture of the day...which makes me sure that it's all worth it in the end.

This is his, "Time to eat, Mom!" look.

No comments:

Post a Comment