Monday, May 7, 2012

The Sleep Dilema

Now that Blaine is sleeping at regular intervals during the night (he routinely wakes up at 12:45 and 4:00 a.m. - how does he know???), the next step in the process is to get him to sleep in his bassinet. He currently sleeps next to me in bed. I know, not the best option, but the only one that we've found to work so far.

Yesterday, I was able to get him to sleep in his bassinet for a few minutes...about 20, which was a miracle! Now, the dilema during the day and night is: allow him to sleep longer where he is comfortable (usually in my arms), or put him in the bassinet, where he will inevitably wake up after a quick 10 minutes? I know that a "good mama" would forsake her own sleep and do what is safest and best for baby, but dang, I love my extra 15 minutes of sleep / rest / sitting down without a baby in my arms.

Sigh. This baby business is tough stuff. But so worth it when you get to see things like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment